Do a Google search on yourself and see what links, profiles and images come up in the results. Don’t be afraid to delve past the first two pages of results in Google. There could be extra links hidden in the lower pages that you had forgotten about but should be aware of.
Tips for managing your digital footprint.
- Be consistent and professional in what you say online
- Be aware of what other people are saying about you online
- Be accurate – check spelling and grammar in your profiles and posts
- Be sure – get a second opinion on your profile pictures and text
- Be current – have up-to-date information
- Be savvy – incorporate appropriate keywords in your profiles and posts
- Be considered with your contacts
- Be clutter-free – close down accounts you don’t need
- Be proud of your achievements
- Be thorough – check your profile settings periodically